We consume huge amounts of funny Facebook videos, thought provoking articles, interesting news blasts and everything in between each week. To give you a sense of what we’re reading (and watching, listening to, laughing at and yes… learning!), say hello to Weekly Reads!
What we read:
- I can’t explain my hatred for clowns and when I saw this floating around Facebook, I wanted to burn my laptop forever. Dear friends, please never do this to me. -S
- It hasn’t exactly been fall weather recently (until yesterday) so I find myself forgetting about apple picking, pumpkins, apple cider donuts and corn mazes. As someone who spent the first 19 years of her life surrounded by corn (what up Illinois), I can’t have a fall without all of those things. This article came through my email inbox this week and it made me so giddy. There are so many corn mazes in the general DMV area and I can’t wait to cross some off my list! -S
- Have you ever wondered what its like to be a tour guide in DC these days? I have. A lot actually. -S
- Even though Carrie is the one moving, it’s been on my mind for weeks. And I’m not moving until the spring. Kurt and I (mostly me) have started looking at new places to live and I am already figuring out what furniture I want to ditch and what I want to keep. Blair’s article with 10 IKEA hacks has me all sorts of excited. It definitely has me itching to DIY something. -S
What we did:
- This week again…flew by. It was mostly mundane with work and school buttttttt!!! I finally figured out some things for my master’s thesis! While I don’t graduate until next semester and therefore don’t need to start working on it quite yet, there are a few deadlines at the end of this semester. Not knowing what I was going to study or who I was going to work with was causing me so much stress. Having that box checked feels amazing. Separately, Carrie and I are gearing up for a weekend, whirlwind trip to Portland, OR to do some wedding planning! This time next week, we’ll be visiting venues, trying out food, and picking bridesmaid dresses. I can’t waiiiiiitttt! -S
- Not sure if you noticed Carrie’s absence or not, but she is knee deep in unpacking from her move! Send her all the good thoughts!